The Cirrus Consortium is a number of Registered Providers of Social Housing who have joined together to establish an EU compliant framework for their building materials requirements. Viridian Facilities Management is the lead member of the consortium. Every Registered Provider that uses a Cirrus Consortium framework agreement qualifies for free membership to the consortium. This allows the member Registered Providers to have an active input to the frameworks under the consortium, while retaining the ability to use framework suppliers autonomously.
The Cirrus Consortium Materials Framework
To sign up to use the materials framework (and automatic free membership of the consortium), please complete our Online Registration Form.
The Materials Framework includes a selection of suppliers to the housing sector who have been chosen via a tender issued in the Official Journal European Union (OJEU). The framework was undertaken as an EU compliant open tender procedure, as detailed in Regulation 15 of the UK statutory instrument Public Contracts Regulations 2006/5.
The Materials Framework is focussed upon the supply of goods and services associated with housing maintenance and refurbishment. There are 6 lots covering the following categories of materials:
- Lot 1: General building materials
- Lot 2: Plumbing and heating materials
- Lot 3: Electrical materials
- Lot 4: Kitchen materials
- Lot 5: Paint
- Lot 6: Tools
Key benefits of the framework include:
- Establish your own contract with a choice from 24 leading suppliers
- Keep the flexibility and ownership of managing the contract and specification as you choose
- Supports a range of supply chain models including managed stores, direct delivery and branch supply
- No need to tender via OJEU directly as the EU compliant framework is pretendered. The time and resource saved can be used to focus on driving additional value for money from your supply relationships
- Choose from a wide range of repairs and maintenance materials
- There is no requirement to use specific financial or billing systems so you have the flexibility to pay the supplier how you choose
- Free membership to the Cirrus Consortium allowing for active input into the Central Purchasing Body
- Free to use, therefore no fees will be charged to buying organisations for consortium membership or using the framework
For more information please click here for our information leaflet.
To sign up to use the materials framework (and automatic free membership of the consortium), or to add additional suppliers if you are an existing consortium member, please complete our Online Registration Form.
The framework suppliers and their product categories are shown in the table below: